Last updated May 22nd 2018
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulates the processing of data relating to individuals. This includes the obtaining, holding, using or disclosing of such data.
YOOHOPP Limited shall hold the minimum personal data necessary to enable it to perform its functions. All such data is confidential and needs to be treated with care in order to comply with the law.
We recognise that the lawful and correct treatment of personal data is very important to successful operations and to maintaining customers' and employees’ confidence in ourselves.
Any personal data which we collect, record or use in any way whether it is held on paper, on computer or other media shall have appropriate safeguards applied to it to ensure that we comply with the GDPR.
This policy will cover the rules and also the implementation of best practice around data acquisition, usage, storage and protection.
For the purposes of data protection this policy refers to the 1998 Data Protection Act until 25th May 2018 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation.
YOOHOPP Limited is the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
What is personal information?
Personal information, or personal data, refers to any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not refer to anonymous data. Anonymous data is information where any personal identifiers have been removed.
What information do we collect?
- When you purchase with a featured retailer listed on www.yoohopp.co.uk we ask for, and collect, personal information such as your; Email address, Contact Name, Transaction Method Type, Items ordered – if purchased via an Independent Retailer, Location and Billing Address.
- If you set up an online account with us, we will also store your password.
- If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address.
- YOOHOPP and third-party partners (allaboutipswich.com, itsinnottingham.com, visitsouthend.com and inilford.com) may also collect information regarding your visit to www.yoohopp.co.uk. This may include what your purchased.
- We are working closely with the following websites; www.itsinnottingham.com, www.allaboutipswich.com, www.onsouthend.com and www.inilford.com. Therefore if you subscribe to these websites, your data will be shared with Yoohopp Limited who may regularly send you relevant communications. I.e. If you are an itsinnottingham subscriber, Yoohopp may send you suggested marketing material specific to Nottingham. You can opt out of these communications at any time.
How do we use your personal information?
We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
- To process your order including delivery and payment.
- Online account holders require an email address and password to access their account.
- To assist in the detection and prevention of fraud.
Why do we contact you?
- If you have signed up for our newsletters, our partners may contact you (allaboutipswich.com, itsinnottingham.com, visitsouthend.com and inilford.com)
- When you make a purchase online from a national retailer (i.e. Wilko) they will contact you by email to notify you of updates to your order.
- When you make a purchase online from an independent retailer they will contact you by email to notify you of updates to your order.
What are your rights?
Right of access - You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and request access to your personal data. You can make a request by email to email@example.com, or in writing to:
The Master’s House
In the first instance we will provide a copy of the information free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or to comply with requests for further copies of the same information although this does not mean that we will charge for all subsequent access requests.
We will without delay and within 1 month of your request (subject to extensions in some cases):
- confirm what personal data we hold about you;
- provide a copy of the data in commonly used electronic format if the request is made electronically.
- provide any supporting explanatory materials.
We can extend the time to respond by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you of this within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Data portability – in addition to your access right you can require us to provide a copy of your information that we hold in a commonly used machine-readable format.
Rights of Rectification and Erasure (the right to be forgotten) You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate or no longer necessary.
You can sign up to receive marketing communications. Your preferences can be managed and updated at any time in the ‘My acoount’ section of the website.
How to unsubscribe from marketing communications?
All YOOHOPP customers have the choice to refine or opt out of receiving marketing communications from us.
If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing from us, click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email communications or log into your account to change your preferences in the ‘Newsletter Subscriptions’ section.
The bit we cannot control…
Third party sites: Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SSL and encryption
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure your information is protected to the highest standards. We use encryption to safeguard your personal information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security. This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us. The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce.