Website Acceptable Use Policy
Website Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.yoohopp.co.uk. (our site).
www.yoohopp.co.uk is a site operated by Yoohopp Limited (we or us or Yoohopp). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 9365929 and we have our registered office at The Master’s House, 19 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AQ. Our VAT number is GB191239894
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way. To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below).
- To post appeals for case histories on any Yoohopp message boards (whether acting in your own capacity or as journalist in any media or otherwise).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To post links to alternative community groups unless it is with the express permission of Yoohopp.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- In a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts and inhibits anyone else’s enjoyment of the website.
You also agree:
- Not to crawl, frame, republish, download, print, post, distribute, repost, broadcast, record, transmit, edit, communicate to the public, deep-link into or distribute in any way the web pages or materials on the website or the computer codes or elements comprising the Website other than soley for your own personal or internal business use.
- Not to use the content of the Website for an y commercial purposes whatsoever.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Social media feeds
- Product review services
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Yoohopp does not read every message posted on the interactive services and, as such, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Whilst we require all users of our Website to comply with the Acceptable Use Policy in addition to our other policies, you agree and understand that by using our Website it is possible that you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
If you see a message which you believe breaks the standards set out in this policy (or any of our other policies) please report it to us immediately by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All reports will be reviewed as soon as possible during normal office hours.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
In the event of uploading content and/or sharing photographs you agree:
- you have reviewed and agree to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy and our Terms of Website Use Policy and any other polices referred to within either of those policies.
- you have the rights necessary to authorise Yoohopp and its designees to copy, distribute, adapt, display, perform and otherwise use the photograph, and you hereby grant such authorisation;
- the individual depicted in the photograph is over the age of 13, or you have obtained the consent of the individual’s parent or guardian, and such individual has consented to the photograph being made publically available in connection with the Yoohopp Website.
- the photograph has not been modified or altered in any manner so as to distort or misrepresent any individual or thing depicted in the photograph;
- the photograph does not contain any personal information such as name, phone number or e-mail address; and photographs of groups or offensive materials may not be posted. Yoohopp reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or not post any photograph, for any reason. Also, you acknowledge that Yoohopp requires that any submitted photograph should not contain potentially offensive materials. Materials submitted to Yoohopp.co.uk will not be returned to the submitting party and Yoohopp has no obligation to inform you of any decision to remove or not post such materials.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent suspension, amendment or closure of your accounts.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.